Nano3 Staff with a brief description of your processing goals and requirements
- Register your FOM user account
- Click the link to log in without a single sign on ID.
- Click "I am a new user".
- Select "External User" type.
- Enter the required information.
- If your company is new to Nano3, complete the appropriate
- If your company only requests staff-assisted
services (no need for independent facility access),
Nano3 External User Services-Only Agreement. Skip steps 5 and 7
- If your company requests independent access
to the Nano3 Facility, complete the
External User Service Agreement.
- In either case:
- Enter the required information in Exhibit A of the
respective agreement, then print and sign
- Scan and email the signed agreement to
- Please note that approval may take one to two weeks.
- If your company has already established a service agreement with Nano3, you
can be added to the existing service agreement by signing the
User Form. Please note that your supervisor must also sign the New User Form.
- Submit payment for Nano3 facility usage in the form of a check or PO
for the cost stated in your service agreement.
- Email a copy of your PO to
- Nano3 cannot accept PO's for payments less than $1000. If the
payment is less than $1000 it must be submitted by check. Make checks
payable to "UC Regents".
- PO's will be invoiced monthly based on usage. Monthly
payments can be submitted by check payable to "UC Regents".
- Facility usage rates are outlined
- Email a copy of the company insurance certificate to
See section eight of the service agreement for details.
- Apply for the
- Log in to your FOM user account.
- If you need access to equipment in the cleanroom click on "Full
Facility Orientation" (at the top of the "Available Equipment" list).
- If you only need access to equipment in the analytical labs,
click on "Analytical Labs Orientation" (at the top of the "Available
- You will be prompted to pass an exam based on the
Nano3 Policies and Procedures. When you pass the exam, a request to attend the orientation will
be sent to Nano3 staff.
- Once Nano3 staff receives your orientation request, your
paperwork will be processed, and you will receive an email stating
that you are on the orientation wait list (typically within 2
- Facility orientations take place every 1-2 weeks, and you will
receive another email from a safety coordinator as soon as you can
join the next orientation.
- Please allow for up to 3.5 hours for the Full Facility
Orientation which includes cleanroom and analytical labs.
- Please allow for up to 1 hour for the Analytical Labs
- After you have completed all of the above access
requirements, you will receive an email with instructions on how to
obtain the necessary facility access card ($25 per card) (within 1-2
For instructions to sign up for equipment training in your FOM account,