- Print the
Nano3 UC San Diego User Agreement.
Read and sign the agreement and have your faculty advisor
sign. Convert the signed user agreement into digital form. You
will upload this document when you create your FOM account.
- Obtain a digital copy of your
UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals
certificate of completion. You will upload this document when you
create your FOM account.
- You can access a copy of your certificate in your UC Learning
Center account in the transcripts page.
- Create your Nano3 user account
on the facility webpage (see notes below).
- After you receive an email that your account has been approved
(may take up to one business day), post your recharge account number (UCSD PTAF or index number) in your Nano3 account.
Please make sure the number matches your entry in your FOM
account (created in the next step 4)!
- See section 11.1 of the Nano3 Policies and Procedures document
for more information on recharge account numbers.
- Register your Nano3 FOM user account
here (You can do Steps 3
and 4 at the same time to shorten the overall process).
- Click the link to sign in with UCSD Active Directory ID.
- Log in with your UCSD ID email username only (not the entire
email address) and password.
- Enter the required account information.
- You will receive an email from FOM with a link to activate
your account. Activate your account.
- Log into your account and add a recharge account number (enter
UCSD PTAF or index number).
- Go to your FOM account home page and select the user type
(UCSD Internal User), access level (independent and/or staff
assisted service), and upload the relevant documents.
- Facility staff will
review the submitted documents and confirm your account in FOM.
Only then will you receive another email indicating that your FOM
account has been confirmed and you can apply for the required
Nano3 safety orientation (see step 5 below).
- Make sure to complete step 4 before attempting to use any
additional functionality in FOM, such as applying for safety
orientation or equipment training.
- Once you receive notification that your FOM account has been
confirmed, apply for the Nano3 safety orientation:
- Log in to your FOM user account.
- If you need access to equipment inside the cleanroom, click on
"Full Facility Orientation" (in the "Available
- If you only need access to equipment in the analytical labs,
click on "Analytical Labs Orientation" (in the "Available
- You will be prompted to pass an exam based on the
Nano3 Policies and Procedures. When you pass the exam, a request to attend the orientation will
be sent to Nano3 staff.
- Once Nano3 staff receives your orientation request, your
paperwork will be processed, and you will receive an email stating
that you are on the orientation wait list (typically within 2
- Facility orientations take place every 1-2 weeks, and you will
receive another email from a safety coordinator as soon as you can
join the next orientation.
- Please allow for up to 3.5 hours for the Full Facility
Orientation which includes cleanroom and analytical labs.
- Please allow for up to 1 hour for the Analytical Labs
- After you have completed all the above access
requirements, you will receive an email that your campus ID card has
been activated for facility access (within 1-2 business days).
For instructions on how to sign up for equipment training in your FOM account,