- Register your Nano3 FOM user account
- Click the link to sign in with UCSD ID
- Log in with your UCSD email username only (not the entire
email address) and password
- Enter the required account information
- You will be prompted to post an account number (enter UCSD
- Create your Nano3 user account
on the facility webpage (see note below)
- Post your recharge index number in your Nano3 account
- See section 11.1 of the Nano3 Policies and Procedures document
for more information
- Print the
Nano3 UC San Diego User Agreement.
Read and sign the agreement and have your faculty advisor
sign, then scan and email to
- Email a copy of your
UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals
certificate of completion to
- You can access a copy of your certificate in your UC Learning
Center account in the transcripts page
- Apply for the Nano3 safety orientation:
- Log in to your FOM user account
- If you need access to equipment inside the cleanroom, click on
"Full Facility Orientation" (at the top of the "Available
- If you only need access to equipment in the analytical labs,
click on "Analytical Labs Orientation" (at the top of the
"Available Equipment" list)
- You will be prompted to pass an exam based on the
Nano3 Policies and Procedures. When you pass the exam, a request to attend the orientation will
be sent to Nano3 staff.
- Once Nano3 staff receives your orientation request, your
paperwork will be processed, and you will receive an email stating
that you are on the orientation wait list (typically within 2
- Facility orientations take place every 1-2 weeks, and you will
receive another email from a safety coordinator as soon as you can
join the next orientation.
- Please allow for up to 3.5 hours for the Full Facility
Orientation which includes cleanroom and analytical labs.
- Please allow for up to 1 hour for the Analytical Labs
- After you have completed all of the above access
requirements, you will receive an email that your campus ID card has
been activated for facility access (within 1-2 business days).
For instructions to sign up for equipment training in your FOM account,
NOTE: Nano3 internal users must have
accounts in two separate systems as we transition our lab management from
our original system to FOM.