Nano3 Staff with a brief description of your processing goals and requirements at Nano3.
- Register your FOM user account here.
- Click the link to log in without a single sign on ID.
- Click "I am a new user".
- Select "External User" type.
- Enter the required information (login name/password/first/last name/email/phone number):
- Leave the "UC ID" field blank.
- Select "Other University" for Affiliation.
- Select a "Discipline".
- Enter your university name under "Company Name".
- Enter your university's address information.
- Email the following information to Nano3_Access:
Print the Nano3 University of California User Agreement. Read and sign the agreement and have your faculty advisor sign, then scan and email to Nano3_Access.
Email a copy of your UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals certificate
of completion to Nano3_Access. Once you receive notification that your FOM account
has been confirmed, apply for the Nano3 safety orientation:
- Name of your faculty advisor.
- Name of your campus department.
- Have your business office email your inter-campus accounting codes to Nano3_Access.
After you have completed all of the above access
requirements, you will receive an email with instructions on how to
obtain the necessary facility access card ($25 per card) (within 1-2
- Log in to your FOM user account.
- If you need access to equipment inside the cleanroom, click on "Full Facility Orientation" (in
the "Available Resources" list).
- If you only need access to equipment in the analytical labs,
click on "Analytical Labs Orientation" (in the "Available
- You will be prompted to pass an exam based on the
Nano3 Policies and Procedures. When you pass the exam, a request to attend the orientation will
be sent to Nano3 staff.
- Once Nano3 staff receives your orientation request, your
paperwork will be processed, and you will receive an email
stating that you are on the orientation wait list (typically
within 2 business days).
- Facility orientations take place every 1-2 weeks, and you
will receive another email from a safety coordinator as soon as
you can join the next orientation.
- Please allow for up to 3.5 hours for the Full Facility
Orientation which includes cleanroom and analytical labs.
- Please allow for up to 1 hour for the Analytical Labs
For instructions to sign up for equipment training in your FOM account,