- Email Nano3 Staff with a brief description of your processing goals and requirements at Nano3.
- Register your FOM user account here.
Create your Nano3 user account on the facility webpage (see note at bottom of this page).
Email the following information to Nano3_Access:
- Click the link to log in without a single sign on ID.
- Click "I am a new user".
- Select "External User" type.
- Enter the required information (login name/password/first/last name/email/phone number):
- Leave the "UC ID" field blank
- Select "Other University" for Affiliation
- Select a "Discipline"
- Enter your university name under "Company Name"
- Enter your university's address information
Print the Nano3 University of California User Agreement. Read and sign the agreement and have your faculty advisor sign, then scan and email to Nano3_Access.
Email a copy of your UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals certificate
of completion to Nano3_Access.
- Name of your faculty advisor
- Name of your campus department
- Have your business office email your inter-campus accounting codes to Nano3_Access.
After you have completed all of the access requirements email
Nano3_Access to request a facility access card ($25 per card).
- Once your FOM account (see note at bottom of this page) has been confirmed, apply for the Nano3 safety orientation:
- Log in to your FOM user account
- If you need access to equipment inside the cleanroom, click on "Full Facility Orientation" (at the top of the "Available Equipment" list)
- If you only need access to equipment in the analytical labs, click on "Analytical Labs Orientation" (at the top of the "Available Equipment" list)
- You will be prompted to pass an exam based on the Nano3 Policies and Procedures
- When you pass the exam, a request to attend the orientation will be sent to Nano3 staff. Staff will then contact you with scheduling information
- Full facility orientation includes cleanroom and analytical labs and takes about 2.5 hours
- Analytical labs orientation takes about 30 minutes
For instructions to sign up for equipment training in your FOM account,
NOTE: Nano3 users must have user
accounts in two separate systems as we transition our lab management from
our original system to FOM.