Use the following table to determine which steps
are needed to complete the Nano3 access procedure. Users wanting both
independent and staff-assisted services should complete steps in the Independent Access column.
Nano3 Staff with a brief description of your processing goals and requirements at Nano3.
- Print the Nano3 University of California User Agreement.
Read and sign the agreement and have your faculty advisor sign.
Convert the signed user agreement into digitial form. You will upload
this document when you create your FOM account.
- Download the Nano3 University of California Financial Document.
Fill in the document with the requested information and save the
completed file. You will upload this document when you create your
- If requesting independent access to Nano3, obtain a
digital copy of your UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals certificate
of completion. You will upload this document when you create your
- Register your FOM user account
- Click the link to log in without a single sign on ID.
- Click "I am a new user".
- Select "External User" type.
- Enter the required information (login name/password/first/last name/email/phone number):
- Leave the "UC ID" field blank.
- Select "Other University" for Affiliation.
- Select a "Discipline".
- Enter your university name under "Company Name".
- Enter your university's address information.
- You will receive an email from FOM with a link to activate
your account. Activate your account.
- Log into your FOM account and begin uploading the required
- Select the user type (Univ. of Calif. User), access level
(independent and/or staff-assisted services), and upload the
- Make sure to complete step 5 before attempting to use any additional functionality in FOM. Facility staff will review the submitted documents and confirm your account in FOM. Only then will you receive another email indicating that your FOM account has been confirmed and you can apply for the required Nano3 safety orientation (see step 6 below).
- Once you receive notification that your FOM account has been confirmed, apply for the Nano3 safety orientation.
After you have completed all of the above access
requirements, you will receive an email with instructions on how to
obtain the necessary facility access card ($25 per card) (within 1-2
After you have completed all of the above access requirements, you will be contacted by Nano3 staff and be able to start using staff-assisted services.
- Log into your FOM user account.
- If you need access to equipment inside the cleanroom, click on "Full Facility Orientation" (in the "Available Resources" list).
- If you only need access to equipment in the analytical labs, click on "Analytical Labs Orientation" (in the "Available Resources" list).
- You will be prompted to pass an exam based on the
Nano3 Policies and Procedures. When you pass the exam, a request to attend the orientation will
be sent to Nano3 staff.
- Once Nano3 staff receives your orientation request, your paperwork will be processed, and you will receive an email stating that you are on the orientation wait list (typically within 2 business days).
- Facility orientations take place every 1-2 weeks, and you
will receive another email from a safety coordinator as soon as
you can join the next orientation.
- Please allow for up to 3.5 hours for the Full Facility
Orientation which includes cleanroom and analytical labs.
- Please allow for up to 1 hour for the Analytical Labs
For instructions to sign up for equipment training in your FOM account,