- Create your Nano3 user account on the facility webpage.
- Print the Nano3 Internal User Agreement and sign it. Have your faculty advisor sign it as well. Scan and email this form to Ryan Anderson
- Email a copy of your
UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals
certificate of completion to
- You can access a copy of your certificate in your UC Learning Center account in the transcripts page
- Thoroughly study the Nano3 Policies and Procedures document, then pass the Policies and Procedures exam:
- Log in to your Nano3 user account, go to the "Access requirements" page, click on "Take Exam".
- Wait to receive an email which indicates your score and whether or not you passed the exam.
- If you did not pass the exam, log in to your Nano3 user account and go the "View graded exams" page. Correct and resubmit the exam.
- See section 11.1 of the Nano3 Policies and Procedures for more information.
- Full facility orientation (includes cleanroom and analytical labs) - 2.5hours
- Analytical lab orientation - 30min
NOTE: Nano3 is transitioning to a new lab management software called Facility Online Manager (FOM). We are making the transition in stages so during the transition you will have to maintain two user accounts. Once all of the Nano3 equipment user bases are moved to FOM we will no longer use the old system. You will receive more information regarding your FOM account as the transition progresses.